Commercial Cleaning for Water Damage
ServiceMaster of Chesapeake specializes in commercial cleaning for water damage removal. Every day, a business in the Annapolis or Easton area suffers from a disaster that requires an expert in water damage removal.
Disasters don’t take holidays off, and neither does ServiceMaster by Chesapeake. Our squadron of cleaning professional leaps into action to contain water damage and minimize the development of further losses. We bring the latest technology, cutting-edge water damage treatment products, procedures, equipment, and decades of experience to assure that we are doing everything we can.
Water damage inside your business must be tackled promptly, every moment that the water sits, every inch it spreads, is another chance for your valuables to be damaged and allows mold to set in.
While you wait for the arrival of the professionals, here are a few things you can do:
- Do not use a vacuum cleaner to remove water.
- Do not use electrical appliances of any kind while on wet carpet or wet floors.
- Do not go into rooms with standing water without first shutting the electricity off.
- Use fans to move the air about and assist drying.
- Extract as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe furniture dry.
- Lift curtains off carpet, loop through a coat hanger and hook the hanger over the curtain rod.
- Prop up wet cushions for even drying and place aluminum foil under furniture legs to keep moisture at bay.
- Remove rugs.
- Open doors and windows to enhance drying.