Eastern Shore Carpet Cleaning
If your business in the Eastern Shore has carpets, you know that it will take some effort to keep them clean in the long run with foot traffic, spills, and other stain causing agents are always a potential threat. But it’s all about how you deal with them that matters the most. Having a plan of attack for carpet stains can save you time, money, and help preserve your sanity! As providers of Eastern Shore carpet cleaning services, we have become experts in stain removal techniques. Follow these tips and be prepared for your next spill.
Remember that the best time to clean up most spots and spills is immediately after they occur. Be sure to pretest a small area to make sure that the fabric will not bleed or get damaged during treatment.
- If liquid, blot up as much as possible with a clean towel.
- If the material is dry, loosen residue with the dull edge of a spatula or knife.
- Vacuum or scrape up as much of the residue as you can.
- Dampen a clean cloth with the proper cleaning agent for the specific kind of stain.
- Blot area gently, working from the outer edge to the center of the spot. Remember to turn the cloth frequently so you are always using a clean portion of the cloth.
- Repeat this process until the spot is removed or until you no longer have a transfer spot on your cloth. Try not to get the carpet excessively wet either.
- Blot the spot with water and remove any excess moisture.
- Align the carpet pile and protect the area from any traffic to allow it to dry.
Remember, acting quickly and following these helpful carpet cleaning tips will save your carpets and save you money. For more information on carpet cleaning tips and for Eastern Shore carpet cleaning services, contact ServiceMaster Chesapeake.