1. Collecting and Processing Personally Identifiable Information. To support the provision of certain features on this Website, ServiceMaster Chesapeake may collect Personal Identifiable Information should you choose to become a client (“Client“). In addition, ServiceMaster Chesapeake may collect Personal Identifiable Information if you have granted servicemaster-chesapeake.com authorization to access one or more accounts with third party website service providers.
ServiceMaster Chesapeake will also collect other information you volunteer to us through use of our products and services. We refer to this information as “Personally Identifiable Information.” You may always choose not to provide such Personally Identifiable Information; however, this may limit our ability to provide you with complete use of ServiceMaster Chesapeake products or services. We may also collect demographic and other data, which may include Personally Identifiable Information, generally through surveys and forms, which you may or may not choose to participate in.
ServiceMaster Chesapeake only processes Personally Identifiable Information for the purposes described herein or in other applicable Privacy Policies and/or privacy notices provided for specific services. Such purposes include:
- Providing our products and services to Clients;
- Audit, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our products and services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our products, services and network; and
- Developing new services.
2. ServiceMaster Chesapeake Use of Information. ServiceMaster Chesapeake does not sell, share or otherwise provide any Personally Identifiable Information you give to us with any Business Partner (as defined in Section 4) without your consent, which may be obtained through an opt-in or opt-out request, unless required by law, court order or as we state in Section 4. ServiceMaster Chesapeake does reserve the right to share your Personally Identifiable Information with its parent, subsidiary or affiliated entities (“affiliated entities” are those companies owned or controlled by ServiceMaster Chesapeake). We use the collected Personally Identifiable Information to contact you in connection with your use of the services, posting and other activities on the website, to forward you messages, and to operate and provide ServiceMaster Chesapeake’s services. These types of communications may contain commercial messages and special offers. Each communication we send to you, other than reminders and communications sent to you for the sole purpose of addressing a technical or operational issue regarding ServiceMaster Chesapeake products or services, give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving further communications from us. In addition, we use your Personally Identifiable Information to help us provide you with personalized content, advertising, and commercial messages.
3. Security of Information. We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to Personally Identifiable Information to Company employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our products and services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations. Although we make good faith efforts to store the information collected by ServiceMaster Chesapeake in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security. We currently process Personally Identifiable Information on our servers in the United States of America and may in the future utilize servers in other countries.
4. Sharing Information. ServiceMaster Chesapeake only shares Personally Identifiable Information with other companies or individuals outside of ServiceMaster Chesapeake in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We provide such information to affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing Personally Identifiable Information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of ServiceMaster Chesapeake, its Clients or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information such as the number of Clients who responded to an event promotion, or how many Clients are using ServiceMaster Chesapeake service. Such information does not identify you individually. ServiceMaster Chesapeake may also correlate or match registered Clients’ information, including Personally Identifiable Information, with information held by our Business Partners to target events and ads or otherwise improve the effectiveness of our service.
ServiceMaster Chesapeake reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting or communication (including email) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
6. Policy Standards. ServiceMaster Chesapeake adheres to the U.S. safe harbor privacy principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement.
7. Updating Information. ServiceMaster Chesapeake processes Personally Identifiable Information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the Personally Identifiable Information needed to provide or improve our products and services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personally Identifiable Information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our Clients to update or correct their Personally Identifiable Information whenever necessary.
8. Other Websites; Links. This Website contains links to other web sites. ServiceMaster Chesapeake is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
10. Opt-Out/Correct/Delete/Deactivate. You may elect not to receive future communications from ServiceMaster Chesapeake, or to discontinue use of our products or services. If you are a registered Client, please send an email with your name, email address, and request to opt-out to info@Your-company.com.
11. Children. The Website is directed at an adult market and is intended for use by adults only. We do not collect Personal Data from anyone under 13, nor do we allow children under 13 to participate on the Website without prior verified parental consent.
Updated: November 4th, 2013