An Equal Opportunity Employer
U.S. Military service
LIST YOUR LEISURE TIME AND PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES IN SCHOOL AND AT PRESENT.
(Do not include activities the name or character of which indicate race, religion, color, sex, marital status, affectional
or sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, generic information, armed forces services or veterans
REFERENCES: PLEASE PROVIDE THREE (3) BUSINESS REFERENCES
Work History Form
Terms Of Employment
1. Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory proof of applicant's identity and authorization to work in the U.S. If I am hired, my continued employment is contingent upon my maintaining authorization to work.
2. I authorize any person, organization or company listed on this application (and any other documents I have given to the Company) to furnish ServiceMaster Chesapeake any and all information concerning my previous employment, education and qualifications of employment. I also authorize the Company and their representatives to request and receive such information.
3. I certify that the information contained on this application is correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that Company Policy provides for withdrawal of any employment offer or termination of employment for falsification of any information given by me on this application or other documents, as well as any information provided by me during the interview/offer/employment process.
4. If employment by ServiceMaster Chesapeake, I agree to abide by its policies, practices and procedures. Furthermore, I understand that the Company's policies, practices and procedures do not constitute an employment contract between the Company and me. There is no legitimate expectation of indefinite employment. Rather, my employment with the Company is at will. The employment relationship is by mutual consent and may be terminated by either the Company or me at any time of either believes it is in their best interest to do so and notice is not required. In addition, the Company reserves discretionary authority to interpret its policies, practices and procedures and the right to amend or terminate any of its policies, practices and procedures at any time without notice.
5. I agree to drug and alcohol screening prior to employment with ServiceMaster Chesapeake, results determining my eligibility for hire with ServiceMaster Chesapeake.
I AGREE *
Servicemaster Chesapeake (Background Research Release)
Please read this section carefully and acknowledge your understanding by checking the box in the space below.
I certify that all the statements made by me on this application are true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge.
1. Consent To Conduct Background Investigation
As a condition and in consideration of ServiceMaster's consideration of this application, I give permission to ServiceMaster to investigate my personal and employment history. I understand that this background investigation will include, but limit to, verification of all information on this application, as well as interviews with the past employers. I further give permission to Service Master to conduct this investigation and to discuss the results of this investigation in connection with my application for employment.
2. Consent To Contact Past Employers
I give permission to ServiceMaster to contact all employers listed on this application (except those specifically excluded) for references. I further give permission to all current or previous employers and/or managers or supervisors to discuss my relevant personal and employment history with ServiceMaster, Consent to release of such information orally or in writing, and hereby release them from liability and agree not to sue them for defamation or other claims based upon any statements they make to any representatives of ServiceMaster. I further waive all rights I may have under state law to receive a copy of any written statement provided by any of my former employers to ServiceMaster. I further agree to indemnify all past employers for any liability they may incur because of their reliance upon release.
3. Consent To Contact Government Agencies
I give permission to any agencies, attorney or representative of ServiceMaster to receive a copy of any information obtained in the file of any federal, state or local court, governmental agency, law enforcement agency or investigator concerning or relating to me. I further consent to the release of such information and waive any rights under state law concerning notification of the request for a release of such information. In the event a state law does not provide for prospective employers to have access to information, I hereby delegate ServiceMaster as my agent for receipt of information. I understand that the scope of this investigation will be limited to criminal and/or civil records that relate to the honesty, integrity and/or abilities.
4. Cooperation With Investigation
I agree to fully cooperate in ServiceMaster's background investigation, and to sign any waivers or releases that may be necessary to obtain access to relevant information. In the event that any former employers or federal, state or local governmental agency will not release reference information or criminal history information directly to the employer, I agree to personally request such information to the extent permitted by law.
5. Falsification Statement
I understand that my falsification or willful omission of fact made in this application or in the connection with any background investigation may be sufficient grounds for rejection of this application, or, if discovered after an offer of employment, for immediate dismissal.
6. Employment "At Will"
In consideration of any employment, I agree to conform to the rules and regulations of ServiceMaster, and my employment and compensation is "at will" in that they can be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either ServiceMaster or myself, except as otherwise provided by law. I understand that no manager or representative of ServiceMaster, other than the President of ServiceMaster, has authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement or contact to the foregoing, and that any promises to the contrary will only be relied upon by me in writing and signed by the President of ServiceMaster.
I AGREE *